Add/Edit Rule Dialog Box (Regular/Offline Profile)
Use the Add Rule or Edit Rule dialog box to create or edit a regular or offline Content-Aware Rule.
To create or edit a Content-Aware Rule
1. In the Name box, type the name of the Content-Aware Rule. NOTE: By default, the Content-Aware Rule has the same name as the specified content group but you can enter a different name.
2. Under Applies to, specify the type of operation associated with the rule. The available options are:
• Permissions: Specifies that the rule will apply to access control operations.
• Shadowing: Specifies that the rule will apply to shadow copy operations.
• Permissions, Shadowing: Specifies that the rule will apply to both access control and shadow copy operations.
3. Under If this rule triggers, specify the following additional actions to be performed when the rule triggers:
• Send Alert: Specifies that an alert is sent whenever the rule triggers.
• Log Event: Specifies that an event is logged in the Audit Log whenever the rule triggers.
4. Under Protocol(s), select the appropriate protocol(s) you would like this rule to be applied to. Content-Aware Rules can be applied to the following protocols: File Sharing, FTP, HTTP, ICQ/AOL Messenger, IRC, Jabber, Mail.ru Agent, Skype, MAPI, SMB, SMTP, Social Networks, Web Mail, Windows Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger. NOTE: If you select several protocols that have different access rights, under Action(s), the dialog box displays only those access rights that are common to all selected protocols.
5. Under Action(s), specify which user actions are allowed or disallowed on protocols and which user actions are logged to the Shadow Log.
6. Click OK.