If some connection parameters were specified incorrectly, you may see one of these errors:
- SQL Server does not exist or access denied - you've specified an incorrect name of SQL Server in the SQL Server name parameter or the remote SQL Server's computer is not accessible. It is possible that you've specified the name of the computer where SQL Server is running but this SQL Server also has an instance name which should be specified as well (e.g. computer\instance).
- Login failed for user 'COMPUTER_NAME$' - you've selected Windows Authentication but the user account used to run the DeviceLock Enterprise Server service can't get access to the computer with SQL Server. It may happen when the service starts either under the SYSTEM user or on behalf of a user that doesn't have local administrative privileges on the remote SQL Server's computer.
- Login failed for user 'user_name' - you've selected SQL Server Authentication and either specified an incorrect SQL user name (login) or the wrong password for it. Please note that SQL users are different from Windows users and you can't use the regular Windows account in the Login name parameter. SQL users exist only in SQL Server and to manage them you should use SQL Server management consoles (such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio).
- Login failed for user 'user_name'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - you've selected SQL Server Authentication but your SQL Server doesn't support this mode. You should either use Windows Authentication or allow your SQL Server to work in the mixed mode (SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode).
- Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - the data source you've specified in Data Source Name was configured to use the SQL Server Authentication mode but the Login name parameter is empty.
- Data source name not found and no default driver specified - you've selected System Data Source from the Connection type list and specified either an empty or non-existent name in Data Source Name.