DeviceLock Service View
Expand the DeviceLock Service item to access all of the service function and configuration parameters.
You can use the context menu available via a right mouse click on the DeviceLock Service tree item:
- Connect - connects to any computer that you specify.
- Reconnect - connects to the currently connected computer once again.
- Connect to Local Computer at Startup - check this flag to instruct DeviceLock Management Console to automatically connect to the local computer each time it starts up.
- Undefine ContentLock policy - resets all ContentLock's parameters (all Content-Aware Rules except those based on file types) to the unconfigured state in one click.
- Undefine NetworkLock policy - resets all NetworkLock's parameters to the unconfigured state in one click.
- Load Service Settings - loads previously saved settings from the XML file and applies these settings to the currently connected DeviceLock Service. You need to select the file that was created either by DeviceLock Service Settings Editor, DeviceLock Management Console, DeviceLock Group Policy Manager or DeviceLock Service Settings Editor. Since the signature is not validated at this step, it can be either a signed or non-signed file.
- Save Service Settings - exports all settings from the currently connected DeviceLock Service to an external XML file. Later this file can be loaded via DeviceLock Management Console, DeviceLock Group Policy Manager and/or DeviceLock Service Settings Editor. Also, this file can be sent to users whose computers are not online and thus out-of-reach via management consoles. To avoid unauthorized modification the file should be signed with the DeviceLock Certificate (the private key) using the DeviceLock Signing Tool.
- Save & Sign Service Settings - exports all settings from the currently connected DeviceLock Service to an external XML file and automatically signs it with the most recent DeviceLock Certificate (the private key). This menu item is disabled when the DeviceLock Signing Tool has no previously loaded private key.
- Certificate Generation Tool - runs the special tool that allows you to generate DeviceLock Certificates.
- Create MSI Package - creates the custom Microsoft Software Installer (MSI) package with settings from the currently connected DeviceLock Service.
At the first step you need to select the source MSI package with DeviceLock Service. You may use MSI packages that ship with DeviceLock (such as DeviceLock Service.msi and DeviceLock Service x64.msi).
Then you need to specify the name of the resultant (target) MSI package that will be generated based on the source MSI package (specified at the first step) and settings from the currently connected DeviceLock Service.
Later this custom MSI package can be used to deploy DeviceLock Service instances across the network with predefined policies.
NOTE: If you use a custom MSI package with defined DeviceLock Service settings to deploy DeviceLock Service using Group Policy, these settings are not applied to client computers if any one of the following conditions is true:
- The default security is disabled on remotely running DeviceLock Services.
- The GPO applied to client computers has the Override Local Policy setting enabled.
Please note that the Create MSI Package menu item is disabled when there is no Microsoft Windows Installer (version 1.0 or later) installed on the local computer.
- DeviceLock Signing Tool - runs the special tool that allows you to grant users temporary access to requested devices and sign XML files with DeviceLock Service settings.
- About DeviceLock - displays a dialog box with information about the DeviceLock version and your licenses.