Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) integrates multiple scan engines into a comprehensive, layered solution that helps you protect your Microsoft Exchange server messaging environment from malware, spam, and inappropriate content. FPE prevents the spread of malicious content by scanning all messages in real time with minimal impact on Exchange server performance or message delivery time.
FPE provides powerful features that include:
- Thorough antimalware scanning using multiple
engines and multiple scan jobs.
- Distributed protection on all storage and
transport Exchange server roles, including Edge, Hub, and
Mailbox/Public Folder servers.
- Extensive filtering capabilities.
- Powerful antispam protection featuring a high
catch rate and low degree of false positives.
- Integration with Forefront Online Protection
- A built-in worm purge list and the capability
to create a customized list.
- Automatic scheduling of engine and definition
updates for the best protection, and the ability to view update
information about each engine.
- E-mail notifications to keep administrators
and other types of users informed about FPE activity.
- Incidents logging, enabling administrators to
view and analyze the performance of FPE operations.
- Quarantining of malicious files and filter
matches for possible recovery.
- Statistical data that enables you to monitor
the health of your Exchange environment.
These features can be configured to meet the needs of your organization:
- Use the Forefront Protection 2010 for
Exchange Server Administrator Console user interface to configure
and manage FPE. For details about how to navigate through this
interface, see Administrator Console
- You can also use Windows PowerShell commands
to configure and manage FPE settings. Windows PowerShell is a
command-line shell and task-based scripting technology that enables
the automation of system administration tasks. For more
information, see Using Windows