You might have some form of malicious software, including viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted software, on your computer if:
- You notice new toolbars, links, or favorites
that you did not intentionally add to your Web browser.
- Your home page, mouse pointer, or search
program changes unexpectedly.
- You type the address for a specific site,
such as a search engine, but you are taken to a different Web site
- Files are automatically deleted from your
- Your computer is used to attack other
- You see pop-up ads, even if you're not on the
- Your computer suddenly starts running more
slowly than it usually does. Not all computer performance problems
are caused by malicious software, but malicious software,
especially spyware, can cause a noticeable change.
There might be malicious software on your computer even if you don't see any symptoms. This type of software can collect information about you and your computer without your knowledge or consent. To help protect your privacy and your computer, you should run Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 at all times.