By using the management agent for Lotus Notes, you can synchronize with Lotus Notes Release 6.5 or 7.0.
Connected data source support
- Lotus Notes Release 6.5
- Lotus Notes Release 7.0
Management agent type
This is a call-based management agent.
The schema is generated based on a fixed schema that models the database structure. Refresh schema is not available for this management agent because it uses a static schema that cannot be changed.
The schema for the management agent for Lotus Notes has been updated for Microsoft® Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010. The FullName attribute is now read-write, and supports exporting single and multiple values.
- Before creating a management agent for Lotus
Notes, the Lotus Notes client must be installed on the server that
is running FIM, and any users that either create or run the
management agent must have permissions for the Notes.ini file.
The Lotus Notes client must be installed using the Single User Install option. FIM does not support Lotus Notes client installed using the Multi-User Install option.
- The version of the Lotus Notes client that
you use should match the version of the Domino server with which
you are synchronizing. If you use different versions, you might
experience import and export failures.
- The Forefront Identity Manager Service
account needs permission to write to the Lotus Notes client
installation folder. When you create a management agent for Lotus
Notes, the file Mmslnext.dll is copied to the Lotus Notes client
installation folder, if it is not already there. To ensure that the
management agent runs properly, the Mmslnext.dll file should be
secured by setting access permissions to the file or to the folder
that contains the file. In addition, the first parameter of the
ExtMgr_AddIns settings in the Notes.ini file must be
- To export changes to the target NAB, the
management agent for Lotus Notes must have read access to the
ADMIN4.NSF database file on the Domino server.
- FIM is aware of the default Lotus Notes
schema only. If you extend the Lotus Notes schema, FIM cannot
recognize any of the new items.
- FIM cannot run more than one management agent
for Lotus Notes at a time.
- When provisioning users into a Lotus Notes
secondary address book, you can create Person documents and
- The Lotus Notes management agent requires
that you use the hierarchical name that appears in the Lotus Notes
server configuration document when populating the Hierarchical
server name field in the Connect to Notes Server wizard
page. The Lotus Notes hierarchical server name can also be found in
the Domino directory and appears as Myserver/Myorg.
- Transient objects in Notes are likely to be
replication conflicts. In most cases, this is caused where there
are replication conflicts, such as updates on two different servers
that caused the existence of two objects with the same Fullname.
These objects can be identified by using a view on the NAB where
all objects having the field Conflict was listed. The
existence of this field indicates a replication collision.
- When attempting to export a certifier using
the Lotus Notes 7.0 client, you may receive the error "You
specified an illegal certifier name." This is a known issue with
the Lotus Notes 7.0 client.
- This management agent supports password
management. For more information, see See Also.
- Configuring Management Agents
- Create a Management Agent
- Connect to a Lotus Notes Server
- Configure Organization Unit Information
- Select Object Types
- Select Attributes (Lotus Notes)
- Configure Connector Filter Rules
- Configure Join and Projection Rules
- Configure Attribute Flow Rules
- Configure Deprovisioning Rules
- Configure Password Management and Specify Rules Extensions