With the management agent for Novell eDirectory, you can synchronize with Novell eDirectory.
Connected data source support
- Novell eDirectory version 8.7.3,
Management agent type
This is a call-based management agent.
The schema is generated based on the dynamic discovery of the data source by the management agent. When you refresh the schema for this management agent, the connected data source schema is rediscovered, the current management agent schema is updated, and then Management Agent Designer starts. In Management Agent Designer, you can correct any inconsistencies introduced by the updated schema, such as deleted object types or deleted attributes.
- Microsoft® Forefront Identity Manager (FIM)
2010 uses LDAP to communicate with Novell eDirectory. To
successfully discover data, replicas of all the data should be put
on the LDAP server, and should only use read-only and read-write
partitions. FIM cannot successfully discover data on LDAP servers
that use subreferences and/or include filtered-read-only or
- It is not necessary for a Novell eDirectory
client to be installed on the FIM server.
- If you are using SSL (Secured Sockets Layer)
or SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer), use ConsoleOne
to make sure that both SSL and SASL are enabled on the server
running Novell eDirectory. When using ConsoleOne, check the LDAP
Server object in your eDirectory tree to make sure LDAP Enable SSL
is set to TRUE and that there is not an LDAP SSL port conflict.
- You are not required to install FIM on the
server running Novell eDirectory.
- This management agent supports password
management. For more information, see See Also.
- Configuring Management Agents
- Create a Management Agent
- Connect to a Novell eDirectory Server
- Configure Containers
- Select Object Types
- Select Attributes
- Configure Connector Filter Rules
- Configure Join and Projection Rules
- Configure Attribute Flow Rules
- Configure Deprovisioning Rules
- Configure Password Management and Specify Rules Extensions
- Password management