Using the management agent for Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (ADLDS)
By using the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services management agent, you can synchronize data on a server that is running ADLDS.
Connected data source support
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory
Management agent type
This is a call-based management agent.
The schema is generated based on the dynamic discovery of the data source by the management agent. When you refresh the schema for this management agent, the connected data source schema is rediscovered, the current management agent schema is updated, and Management Agent Designer starts. In Management Agent Designer, you can correct any inconsistencies that were introduced by the updated schema, such as deleted object types or deleted attributes.
- If the server that is running ADLDS contains
multiple partitions, create a management agent for each partition
that you want to synchronize.
- ADLDS requires that you set up a Secure
Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection
between the client and server when you set passwords. For more
information, see article 321051, "How to Enable LDAP over SSL with
a Third-Party Certification Authority," in the Microsoft Knowledge
- This management agent supports password
management. For more information, see See Also.
- Configuring Management Agents
- Create a Management Agent
- Connect to an Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (ADLDS) Server
- Configure Directory Partitions
- Select Object Types
- Select Attributes
- Configure Connector Filter Rules
- Configure Join and Projection Rules
- Configure Attribute Flow Rules
- Configure Deprovisioning Rules
- Configure Password Management and Specify Rules Extensions
- Password Management