Antispam - Key Settings
Key settings include the following general check parameters:
- MX record availability check. If enabled, GateWall Antispam
will check for MX record availability on the domain specified in
the MAIL FROM command.
- SMTP check (disconnection on bad command limit). Connection
with the client sending bad commands will be closed when the number
of bad commands exceeds the limit.
- Server hello message delay.
- Sender hash validation. The option is used to check the
validity of destination address when running GateWall Antispam as a
- Verification of host name received in HELO command ("Check host
on HELO"). Host name should be represented by a domain name.
- Tarpitting mode (delay in server response when receiving a new
address in RCPT TO command). Tarpitting makes destination address
scanning a more time-consuming process.