To limit the maximum size of a header in HTTP
- In the console tree of ISA Server Management, click
- In the details pane, click the applicable access rule or Web
- On the Tasks tab, click Edit Selected Rule.
- On the Traffic tab (for Web publishing rules) or on the
Protocols tab (for access rules), click Filtering,
and then click Configure HTTP.
- On the General tab, in Maximum headers length
(bytes), type the maximum number of bytes that a request can
have in its headers (URL and headers) before it is blocked.
- To open ISA Server Management, click Start, point to
All Programs, point to Microsoft ISA Server, and then
click ISA Server Management.
- For ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition, expand
Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration
Server 2006, expand Arrays, expand
Array_Name, and then click Firewall
- For ISA Server 2006 Standard Edition, expand Microsoft
Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006, expand
Server_Name, and then click Firewall
- This setting is common for all rules to which the HTTP filter
- The maximum header length of 32768 bytes may be limited by the
- After you click Apply in the details pane, the policy is
updated. The new policy applies only to new connections.