|Microsoft Internet Security and
Acceleration Server 2000
About the ISA
The ISA control service controls the following ISA
- IP packet filters, including enabling filters, opening static
filters, and logging filters.
- Restarting other ISA services as necessary.
- Generating alerts and running actions.
- Synchronizing each server with the server array. The ISA
control service updates the client configuration files (msplat.txt
and mspclnt.ini) and deletes unused log files.
- Restarting other ISA services when certain changes are made
through ISA Management, as described in the ISA Server product
You cannot use ISA Management to stop or start the ISA Server
Control Service. To stop the service, type the following at a
net stop mspadmin
If you stop the ISA Server Control Service, all the other ISA
Server services will also be stopped.