You manage ISA Server 2006 through the ISA Server Management MMC snap-in. You need a reliable, fast connection from the ISA Server computer to the computer that is running ISA Server Management, so that ISA Server Management will respond quickly, displaying updated configuration information.
If your connection to the ISA Server computer is slower than 5 Mbps, we recommend that you connect to the ISA Server computer over a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection and run ISA Server Management on the ISA Server computer.
ISA Server Management Requirements
To use ISA Server Management, you need:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 R2 operating system.
- Microsoft Windows® XP with SP1 or Microsoft
Windows XP with SP2 operating system.
Note the following:
- You cannot install ISA Server 2006 on 64-bit versions of
Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP operating
- You cannot install ISA Server Management on Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 operating system, Web Edition.
- You cannot install ISA Server 2006 on 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP operating systems.
- 256 MB or more of memory.
Installation of ISA Server Management
By default, ISA Server Management will be installed when you install ISA Server Standard Edition.
To install ISA Server Management, perform the following procedure.To install ISA Server Management
Insert the ISA Server CD into the CD drive, or run ISAAutorun.exe from the shared network drive.
In Microsoft ISA Server Setup, click Install ISA Server 2006. Use the wizard to install ISA Server 2006 as outlined in the following table.
Page Field or property Setting
Select I accept the terms in the license agreement.
Product Serial Number
Enter user name.
Enter organization name.
Enter product serial number.
Select the setup type.
Select the program features you want to install
- Click ISA Server and then click This feature will not
- Click ISA Server Management and then click This
feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next.
Ready to Install the Program
- Click ISA Server and then click This feature will not be available.
After the installation is complete, select Invoke ISA Server Management to launch the ISA Server Management MMC snap-in, and then click Finish.