Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP) integrates multiple scan engines into a comprehensive, layered solution that helps you protect your Microsoft SharePoint environment from malware and inappropriate content. FPSP prevents the spread of malicious content by scanning all files in real time with minimal impact on SharePoint server performance.
FPSP provides powerful features that include:
- Thorough antimalware scanning using multiple
engines and multiple scan jobs.
- Extensive filtering capabilities.
- Automatic scheduling of engine and definition
updates for the best protection, and the ability to view update
information about each engine.
- E-mail notifications to keep administrators
and other types of users informed about FPSP activity.
- Incidents logging, enabling administrators to
view and analyze the performance of FPSP operations.
- Quarantining of malicious files and filter
matches for possible recovery.
- Statistical data that enables you to monitor
the health of your SharePoint environment.
These features can be configured to meet the needs of your organization:
- In a single-server environment, use the
Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint Administrator Console user
interface to configure and manage FPSP. For details about how to
navigate through this interface, see Administrator Console
- In a multi-server environment, use the
Forefront Forefront Protection Manager management console to
configure and manage FPSP. For more information, see Protecting your SharePoint environment with FPSP in
the Forefront Protection Manager Operations Guide.
- You can also use Windows PowerShell commands
to configure and manage FPSP settings. Windows PowerShell is a
command-line shell and task-based scripting technology that enables
the automation of system administration tasks. For more
information, see Using Windows