The topics in this section describe how to deploy authentication servers that are used by Forefront TMG in order to authenticate users. Several authentication methods are available for client authentication using Forefront TMG.
Forefront TMG supports the following types of authentication servers:
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
- RSA SecurID
For more information about the authentication servers and authentication methods used by Forefront TMG, see Planning for authentication.
The following topics describe:
- Configuring a RADIUS server
- Configuring a SecurID server
- Configuring an LDAP server