Forefront TMG supports the following migration options:
- Migrating from Internet Security and
Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 to Forefront TMG
- Migrating from ISA Server 2006 to Forefront
- Migrating from Forefront TMG Release
Candidate (RC) to Forefront TMG Release to Manufacturing (RTM)
- Upgrading from Forefront TMG Standard Edition
to Enterprise Edition
For more information and instructions, see Migrating and Upgrading to Forefront TMG.
Before you migrate, you should be aware of the following:
- Migration from ISA Server 2004 is supported
only for ISA Server 2004 Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3.
- If you have enabled the Local Host network to
listen for Web proxy client requests, this setting will not be
- Customized log field selections are not
migrated. When ISA Server 2004/2006 configuration settings are
imported, customized log field selections are overwritten with
default log field settings.
- Report configuration settings are not
- If you have specified a custom value for the
number of times that an event must occur before an alert is
triggered, this custom value will not be migrated.
- Third party add-ons are disabled after
upgrade. If you were running a third-party add-on for ISA
Server 2004/2006, before re-enabling it, you should contact
the vendor to check on the availability of an updated version for