Microsoft Forefront TMG Control Service
The Microsoft® Forefront TMG Control service (isactrl) performs
the following functions:
- Starting other Forefront TMG services.
- Restarting other Forefront TMG services when certain changes
are made through Forefront TMG
Management, as described in the product documentation.
- Generating alerts and running actions.
- Updating the Firewall client configuration settings.
- Deleting unused log files.
- Synchronizing the configuration of a Forefront TMG computer
with its Configuration Storage server.
You cannot use Forefront TMG Management to stop or start the
Microsoft Forefront TMG Control service. To stop the service, enter
the following at a command prompt:
net stop isactrl
If you stop the Microsoft Forefront TMG Control service, all the
other Forefront TMG services will also be stopped.
about this topic to Microsoft
© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.