After preparing Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) to provide remote access to file servers and shares, you can publish the File Access and Local Drive Mapping applications in a Forefront UAG portal, as described in Adding applications to a trunk.
When publishing these applications, note the following:
- If the portal trunk uses the default
Forefront UAG portal home page, a link to the File Access
application is automatically added to the page.
- You can optionally change the date format of
files and folders displayed on endpoint browsers.
- You can configure the File Access application
so that users accessing files are not presented with a folder tree
on the left pane. This prevents users from browsing to any folder
except that defined as the application URL (or its subfolders).
- When publishing the File Access application,
the use of Kerberos constrained delegation (KCD) to provide single
sign-on (SSO) functionality is not supported.
- Forefront UAG determines the date format of
files and folders that remote users view on endpoint browsers that
have the File Access client component installed.
By default, the format is M/d/yyy. You can change the date format to d/M/yyy, as follows:
- On the Forefront UAG server, use the Registry Editor to
access the following location:HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control
- Change the Value data of SShortDate to
- Restart the Forefront UAG server. When remote users view files
and folders, the date format is the one set here.
- On the Forefront UAG server, use the Registry Editor to access the following location:HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International
- By default, File Access interface presents
users with a folder tree in the left pane, and this tree contains
all the folders you enable in the File Access administration
window. To restrict user access to a specific folder, you can
define the path of the folder as the application URL, and disable
the folder tree view. Users can then access only the path that is
defined as the application URL, including all subfolders.
To hide the folder tree, do the following:
- In the Admin menu of the Forefront UAG Management
console, double-click File Access.
- On the Application Properties dialog box, click the
Portal Link tab.
- In Application URL, enter the following, and then click
?Path= path &ShowFolders=False
where path is the full path of the folder users will access.
Note: Parameter names and values are case sensitive.
Tip: The parameter ShowFolders can also be used with a Home Directory definition. That is, users are directly presented with their Home Directory and are able to browse only the Home Directory and its subfolders.
- In the Admin menu of the Forefront UAG Management console, double-click File Access.