Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) can log to a number of formats that include an inbuilt reporter, a RADIUS server, a Syslog server, an SMTP server, and SQL Server. You can also monitor Forefront UAG events using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007. The following infrastructure modifications might be required.
- If you want to log to RADIUS, you must deploy a RADIUS
accounting server, either remotely or running on the Forefront UAG
- To log to Syslog, you must have an industry-standard Syslog
server deployed in your organization.
- To send e-mail messages, you must have an SMTP server
- Forefront UAG uses Forefront TMG functionality to enable SQL
Server logging (Forefront TMG is automatically installed during
Forefront UAG setup). For local SQL Server logging, you can log to
the local instance of SQL Server Express that is installed
automatically during Forefront UAG setup. No infrastructure changes
are required. To log to a remote SQL Server, you must have SQL
Server deployed in your organization. For instructions on remote
SQL Server deployment, see Setting up SQL Server for logging, in the
Forefront TMG TechNet library.
- To monitor Forefront UAG using Operations Manager 2007,
you must have an Operations Manager 2007 server deployed in
your organization. For more information, see Using System Center
Operations Manager (SCOM).