When a buffer overflow detection occurs:
- The scanner blocks the detection.
- A message is recorded in the On-Access
Scan Messages dialog box. View the dialog box, then decide
whether to take any of these additional actions:
- Remove the message — Select the item in the list, then click
- Create an exclusion — If the detected process is one that you
legitimately use or a false positive, create an exclusion using the
information in the On-Access Scan
Messages dialog box. Review the information in the
Name column to determine the name of
the process that owns the writable memory that is making the call.
Use the process name to create an exclusion.
- Submit a sample to Avert Labs for analysis — If the scanner
detects something that you think it should not detect or does not
detect something that you think it should, you can send a sample to