FedUtil.exe is provided with Windows® Identity Foundation (WIF). It helps you to establish trust from a relying party (RP) application to security token services (STSes). It provides the following capabilities:
- Register an existing production STS as a
trusted issuer of the RP application.
- Help develop a claims-aware application by
offering a local STS.
- Make an existing application
- Update federation metadata for an RP
- Schedule automatic updates of the federation
metadata for an RP application.
The topics in this section show you how to do each of these tasks using FedUtil. You can also do them manually by making the same changes to your RP application’s web.config file that FedUtil makes. The topics in this section explain these changes in detail.
|FedUtil uses the