Configuring a function to be executed as part of a FIM operation involves two steps. They are:
- Adding the function as part of the call sequence
- Populate the input parameters of the function before execution,
and then saving the output parameters to an attribute or as an
Populating the Input function/parameters before execution
You may populate the input parameters of a function from either an existing attribute (i.e. the anchor attribute) or from an Alias (a named piece of data on the alias Table).
- To populate the function/parameter from an Attribute, map (or
connect) the attribute to the function parameter, see How To Add or Edit
- To populate the function/parameter from an Alais, edit the
function/parameter, and enter the name of the alias in the "Alias
Reference" textbox. This is done from the "Add or Edit Parameter
Saving the returns data from a function/parameters after execution
To determine if you should configure an output parameter to be an alias depends on your situation meets one of these criterias.
- The output will be used as input values for subsequent function
calls and before being finally being consumed as an attribute
- The functions returns the data as structure, and subsequent
function calls having the same parameter names/type could
potentially overwrite these structure on the alias table.
- The function returns data as string(s). Even though this is
true, in this case the ERP Configuration Tool will automatically
configure this alias and no manually action is needed by the