You can generate one-time reports and recurring report jobs, as described in the following procedure.
For a general overview of reporting, see Configuring Forefront TMG reports.
To create a report
In the Forefront TMG Management console, in the tree, click the Logs & Reports node.
In the details pane, click the Reporting tab.
In the tasks pane, click either Create One-Time Report or Create Recurring Report Job. Follow the instructions in the wizard, as follows:
- On the Report Publishing page, select Publish reports
to a directory if you want to be able to view this report
without opening the Forefront TMG Management console. Note that if
you have chosen e-mail notification, report publishing is
- If the published reports directory is on a different computer,
click Set Account, and enter credentials that will be used
by the reporting engine for publishing. These credentials should
have write permissions in the specified folder.
- On the Report Publishing page, select Publish reports to a directory if you want to be able to view this report without opening the Forefront TMG Management console. Note that if you have chosen e-mail notification, report publishing is required.
- When specifying a published reports
directory, the directory must exist in the file system. The report
generator will not create the folder.
- When publishing reports, you must grant at
least Read access permissions to users who must view the report in
this shared folder. If you do not publish the report, you can only
view the report on the computer that is running Forefront TMG
- When you publish a report, the Forefront TMG
computer requires write permissions to the folder where you publish
the report. By default, the Local System account is used to publish
the report. However, if you publish the report to a folder that
resides on a different computer, the Local System account
credentials are passed as the account of the Forefront TMG-based
computer. For this reason, the account of the Forefront TMG-based
computer must have sufficient permissions to write to the
destination folder. If you specify a user account to publish the
report, you must make sure that this user account is granted write
permissions to the destination folder.
- If Forefront TMG is installed in workgroup
mode, Forefront TMG uses the Unauthenticated account. In this case,
it is recommended that you specify user credentials when publishing
reports to another computer.
ConceptsConfiguring Forefront TMG reports
Copyright © 2009 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.