This topic describes how to install Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) on your computer in interactive mode. In interactive mode, you monitor the installation process, and enter the required setup information when prompted by the setup process. To run setup in interactive mode, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer.
Before you begin the installation, read Preparing to install.
In particular, note the locations of the Setup log files that can help you to troubleshoot installation issues:
- Setup log files for Forefront TMG are located
- Setup log files for Forefront UAG are located
To install Forefront UAG
When installing from an .iso file, do one of the following:
- Extract the .iso file, and run Setup from the
Forefront UAG folder.
- Burn the .iso file to a portable device, and
install Forefront UAG using autorun.
- Join the .iso file to a Hyper-V server as
media, and run Setup from the Forefront UAG folder.
- Extract the .iso file, and run Setup from the Forefront UAG folder.
Ensure that the Network List Service (Netprofm) and the Network Location Awareness (NlaSvc) services are running, before beginning the Forefront UAG installation.
To begin installation, double-click Setup.hta.
On the Welcome page of Setup, do the following:
- Click Run Windows Update to ensure that the latest
system updates are installed on your server.
- Click Install Forefront UAG to begin Forefront UAG
Setup. When running Setup, you can customize the installation
folder location, if required. Do not install Forefront UAG from a
Note: The Forefront UAG installation path cannot include double-byte characters. When deploying multiple Forefront UAG servers in an array, the installation path for each array member must be identical.
- Restart the server, as required.
- Click Run Windows Update to ensure that the latest system updates are installed on your server.
Following installation, the Getting Started Wizard runs automatically to help you configure network adapters. For instructions, see Running the Getting Started Wizard.