The following lists the tasks you must complete before you install Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) RTM or Forefront UAG with SP1:
- Verify the hardware, software, and installation prerequisites,
as described in System requirements for
Forefront UAG servers.
- Plan your installation scenarios and topologies by using the
- Ensure that you have completed the tasks described in the
installation checklist. See Installation
- If you want to install Forefront UAG DirectAccess, use the
DirectAccess planning guide to plan your deployment, before
installing Forefront UAG.
- Check the limitations and issues described in Release notes and known issues
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=154435) and in Release notes for Forefront UAG SP1
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=205327) in the Forefront
UAG TechNet library.
- Follow the instructions described in Installing the Forefront
The following provides a checklist of information you should gather, and items to check, before you run Setup:
- Note the name of the Forefront UAG server.
- Ensure that all network adapters are installed and configured
with the appropriate IP addresses. You should have one internal
adapter and one external adapter on the Forefront UAG server. A
default gateway should be configured on only one of the network
adapters; usually the network adapter that is connected to an
- Record the following information:
- The name of the network adapter that is used
for the connection to the internal corporate network, and the name
of the adapter that should be used for the external connection.
- The address ranges for the internal network,
if you need to supply these manually.
- The name of the network adapter that is used for the connection to the internal corporate network, and the name of the adapter that should be used for the external connection.
- Note the locations of the Setup log files that can help you to
troubleshoot installation issues:
- Setup log files for Forefront TMG are located
- Setup log files for Forefront UAG are located
- Setup log files for Forefront TMG are located at %windir%\Temp.