This section describes how to install Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Service Pack 1.
Forefront UAG SP1 can be installed as follows:
- As a service pack update that can be installed on the following
- Forefront UAG RTM
- Forefront UAG Update 1
- Forefront UAG Update 2
- Forefront UAG SP1 (RC)
- Forefront UAG RTM
- As a complete clean installation that includes Forefront UAG
The Forefront UAG SP1 update can be obtained from the Microsoft Download Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=204571).
Forefront UAG with SP1 as a clean installation can be obtained from the Volume Licensing Service Cetner (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178535). For instructions on setting up Forefront UAG with SP1 as a clean installation, see Installing Forefront UAG 2010.
Installing SP1 as an update
Use the following topics to install SP1 as an update:
Before you install SP1, we recommend that you create a system restore point. You do not need to make a backup of your existing Forefront UAG configuration because a backup is automatically created during the installation of SP1; however, we also recommend that you back up your configuration before installing SP1.
Installation known issues
If during the installation of SP1 you click Cancel, Setup tries to roll back your installation. If the rollback is unsuccessful, you may be prompted to restart your computer. However, after restarting your computer, your pre-SP1 installation will not work. To resolve this, do the following:
- Go to the ...\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access
Gateway\Common\Bin\ folder and rename ConfigMgrCom.exe.bak to
- Change the Microsoft Forefront UAG Configuration Manager
service from Disabled to Automatic.
- Restart the computer.
- Activate the configuration.
You can now try again to install SP1.
You cannot import the configuration from a previous release of Forefront UAG; therefore, if you deploy SP1 in a lab, or test environment before you deploy SP1 on your production servers, you must do the following:
- On the servers in your test environment, install the version of
Forefront UAG that is currently installed on your production
- Export the configuration from your production servers.
- Import the configuration onto the servers in your test
- Upgrade the servers in your test environment to SP1.